800 Taylor Drive, Sierra Vista, Arizona 85635-1050
Phone: (520) 458-2925 | Fax: (520) 452-0235 | Email Us
Sunday, September 25, 2016
Dear Friends of St. Andrew's,
From the founding of our Parish in 1958, we have grown and developed with Sierra Vista - as partners in building up this great community we call home.
Over the decades, we sought to be active participants in every aspect of community life. We believe that serving the common good and making this city a place where people come first, where the least and most easily-overlooked are served and cared for, and where the quality of life is enhanced for all our fellow citizens, is an essential witness to our faith.
We hope our parish church is a place where all experience the Presence of God and the welcome of God's People. We pray that its beauty will speak a wordless invitation to those who are seeking, those who are wearied by life's burdens and those who are drawn to lift their hearts in prayer.
We thank God for giving us this opportunity to extend His blessings and to share our church and campus facilities with the Sierra Vista community.
The pulse of St. Andrew's is reflected through our ministries and individual parishoner efforts. I hope to highlight these achievements and bring focus to upcoming events in the article following this message.
Yours because His,
Fr. Greg Adolf
Queridos amigos de San Andrés,
Desde la Fundación de nuestra parroquia en 1958, hemos crecido y desarrollado con Sierra Vista - como socios en la construcción de esta gran comunidad que llamamos hogar.
Durante las décadas, intentamos ser participantes activos en todos los aspectos de la vida comunitaria. Creemos que servir al bien común y haciendo de esta ciudad un lugar donde la gente viene primera, donde el menos y la mayoría pasa por alto fácilmente son servidos y atendidos, y donde la calidad de vida es mayor para todos nuestros conciudadanos, es un testimonio esencial de nuestra fe.
Esperamos que nuestra parroquia es un lugar donde toda experiencia de la presencia de Dios y la acogida del pueblo de Dios. Oramos para que su belleza hablará una invitación sin palabras a aquellos que buscan, los que están cansado por las cargas de la vida y quienes son atraídos a elevar sus corazones en oración.
Damos gracias a Dios por darnos esta oportunidad para extender sus bendiciones y a compartir nuestras instalaciones iglesia y escuela con la comunidad de Sierra Vista.
El pulso de San Andrés se refleja a través de nuestros ministerios y esfuerzos individuales parishoner. Espero destacar estos logros y enfoque a próximos eventos en el artículo siguiente este mensaje.
Tuyo porque su,
El padre Greg Adolf
† † †
With open hearts we welcome all who have come to the house of the Lord.
If you are new to the parish, please stop by the office and register.
to download the form
Once registered, this implies that you will participate with our faith community at Sunday Liturgy and return to the Lord by sharing your time, talent and treasure with His Church.
Read Fr Silas Bogati's
To read more on the new St Andrew's Chapel in Nepal
Are Your Affairs In Order?
To download the Personal Records form
To visit the Five Wishes website
Insprired By St Francis of Assisi
Doing God's Work in Sierra Vista
Looking To Come Back To Your Faith?
Catholic Questions -- Catholic Answers
Your Parish Library located in Madonna Hall is a valuable resource for Catholic books and videos for all ages. Follow this link to read the current newsletter.
Sunday: 9 a.m. - noon
Tuesday and Thursday: 10 a.m. - noon
For other times, please contact the office.
...that we received wonderful “feed-back” on the “Report to the Parish” - shared at all the weekend Masses last week! Special thanks to Maryann Hockstad, who prepared the “Report” on behalf of the Parish/Finance Council! One of our visitors remarked, after hearing the presentation at Mass, “If I were a new parishioner, or, were considering making this my parish home, I would feel so well-informed and excited about what is happening here!”
• that our Annual Ministry Fair and Parish Picnic was the biggest and best-attended ever! Special thanks to our Parish Office Staff and Maintenance Staff for all of the behind-the-scenes work to make this such a fun event for everyone!
• that LeAnn Sampson, is the new President of the St. Andrew’s Conference of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul! Thanks to our out-going President, Marge Conroy, and to all of our wonderful Vincentians!
• that our “St. Andrew’s Chapel-Tulachan, Nepal Project” is off to a super start! This past week, we have received $6645.00 in donations, toward the Goal of $30,000!
For more information about the Project and photos of Tulachan and the villagers, click on the Ministries tabe above.
• that St. Andrew’s has been honored with a ‘Major Donor plaque’ at the new Salvation Army Community Center at 156 E. Wilcox! A number of our parishioners prepare and serve meals each month, as part of the Salvation Army’s meal program for the needy. The new kitchen and dining room facilities will be greatly appreciated! Parishioner Val Castro was the Contractor for the new Community Center!
• that Tom Felix and his crew have begun removing pavers, ‘shaving’ tree roots, and pouring the footings for the new tree wells, as part of the renovation of the Placita in front of Kino Hall! Removing the ‘trip-hazards’- caused by the displacement of the pavers by tree roots - has been a major safety concern. When this project is complete, the area facing Taylor Avenue - in front of Kino Hall and the Rectory – will have received a complete “make-over” and complete our landscaping master-plan for the St. Andrew’s campus!
• that Sister Joellen, our Director of Faith Formation Director, reports 202 children enrolled in our Faith Formation Classes for the new academic year!
* * * * *
This past week, we received $1265.00 in donations to the “Building Our Church” Fund, which is making possible many of these up-grades and improvements to our two-campus Parish! Thank you for your continuing generosity!!!
Monday - Friday: 9:00 am † 12:05 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am † 5:00 pm
Sunday: 8:00 am † 10:00 am
Noon ( Español / Spanish)
5:00 pm (Life Teen)
for the Monthly Mass Schedule
Tuesday Morning at 945 am
Wednesday Evening at 7 pm
Madonna Hall - Room 7
Follow Pope Francis on Twitter
Please click on any of the links below for more information.
What's Happening in the Vatican?
What is Pope Francis saying?
Do You Have a Prayer Request?
Send an email to:
Arizona Catholic Conference
The Arizona Catholic Conference (ACC) is our legislative lobby for the Diocese of Gallup, the Diocese of Phoenix, the Diocese of Tucson and the Holy Protection of Mary Byzantine Catholic Eparchy of Phoenix
If you are a local business owner and parishioner, our website administrator is offering special pricing for your advertisements on this site. We intend the website to be a significant means of communication with our parish community. News of your business posted on the site is an excellent way to reach a wider audience.
Welcome your customers, old and new, to your business!
Dave will work with you on pricing and the details of your ad. You can reach Scott at
1-800-980-0906 ext 705
Give Dave a call this week!
Thank YOU Ace Hardware for being a sponsor!